2 medium onions, finely chopped
1\4 cup oil
450 grams minced meat (keema)
1 1\2 teaspoons garlic, minced
1 1\2 teaspoons ginger, chopped
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon coriander powder
1\4 teaspoon turmeric powder (haldi)
2 teaspoons salt
2 - tomatoes, chopped
2 tablespoons yogurt, beaten
300 grams potatoes (peeled and cubed).
1 teaspoon garam masala powder
2-3 - green chilies, thinly sliced
3 tablespoons coriander leaves, chopped
1. Fry onions in a heavy based sauce pan over medium heat, stirring time to time.
2. When onions are soft but not brown, add minced meat and garlic. Stirring all the time, cook over medium heat for 3-5 minutes or until all the moisture has dried up and meat turns brown.
3. Add chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric, salt and 3 tablespoons water and stirring constantly, cook for 2 minutes.
4. Add chopped tomatoes and yogurt and cook for five to ten minutes, stirring all the time. Add a little water if feel necessary during the process.
5. Add potatoes and mix it well, add one cup of water, cover and cook for 30 minutes over low heat or until potatoes are cooked. If water dries before potatoes are cooked, add more water.
6. Add garam masala, green chilies and coriander leaves. Mix well and serve hot with Chapati