1 kilogram bitter gourd, karaila
1\2 kilogram minced beef or mutton
3 medium onion, peeled and thinly sliced
4 cloves garlic (crushed)
1 inch piece ginger (crushed)
2 tablespoons coriander leaves, fresh
3 whole green chillies
1 tablespoon red chili powder
2 teaspoons salt
- - oil for frying
1. Peel of the bitter gourd, make a long cut in it and take out all the seeds. Sprinkle salt in and out of the bitter and put it aside for at least two hours. Wash the bitter gourd with plenty of water and rinse them softly.
2. Cook mince meat with one onion, one tomato,garlic, ginger, one tsp. red chilly powder and one tsp. salt.
3. Fill the mince meat in each bitter gourd, sew it with needle and thread. Deep fry them on medium heat until they turn golden.
4. Cook one onion, one tomato, one tsp. chilly powder, one tsp. salt and half cup of water. Cook it over low heat for ten to fifteen minutes or until the onion and tomato get soft. Mash it with the back of a wooden spoon to make gravy. Add one fourth cup oil in the gravy and cook from three to four minutes.
5. Put the fried bitter gourd in the gravy and cook for five minutes.
6. Garnish it with tomato, onion, Green chilly coriander
Serve with Roti