* 6 Apples (cored & sliced)
* 1 ½ cups of All-Purpose Flour (Maida)
* Another 3 tbsp. of All-Purpose Flour (Maida)
* Another ½ cup of All-Purpose Flour (Maida)
* 1 ½ tsp. of Sugar
* Another ¾ cup of Sugar
* Another ½ cup of Sugar
* 1 tsp. of Salt
* ¾ tsp. of Ground Cinnamon (Pisi Dal Cheeni)
* ½ tsp. of Ground Nutmeg
* ½ cup of Butter
* 2 tbsp. of Whole Milk (cold)
* ½ cup of Vegetable Oil
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2) Make Crust: In a large bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups flour, oil, milk, 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar and salt until evenly blended. Pat mixture into a 9 inch pie pan, spreading the dough evenly over the bottom and up sides. Crimp edges of the dough around the perimeter.
3) Make Filling: Mix together 3/4 cup sugar, 3 tablespoons flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Sprinkle over apples and toss to coat. Spread evenly in unbaked pie shell.
4) Make Topping: Using a pastry cutter, mix together 1/2 cup flour, 1/2 cup sugar and butter until evenly distributed and crumbly in texture. Sprinkle over apples.
5) Put pie in the oven on a cookie sheet to catch the juices that may spill over. Bake for 45 minutes.